- At the time that the Magic Mirror had been stolen from King Edward, it had been hundreds of years since a crop had been planted before the last frost, or had been ruined by autumn rain. For the first time in four hundred years, Daventry lost the harvest to an early autumn rainstorm.
- On a cool, early fall day, the windows of Castle Daventry could be thrown open to admit the clean breezes from the west.
- The first yellowed leaves of autumn appear towards the end of summer.
- It was proving to become a very hot fall shortly before Rosella's 15th birthday.
- The Harvest Festival celebrates the changes of the seasons from summer to autumn.
- There are heavy gray rains in November.
Behind the scenesEdit
Autumn like the rest of the seasons are mentioned or used by the games and stories to provides details about the setting of the story.
On earth and likely Daventry, the autumn corresponds with the months of September, October, and November in the northern hemisphere. This is confirmed in Kingdom of Sorrow with the reference to cold November rainy season.