Behind the Developer's Shield was a bonus program included with several versions of the King's Quest Collection.
Behind the Developer's ShieldEdit
Sneak a peak Behind the Developer's Shield and you'll find a vast archive of King's Quest design documents, original background art, and character sketches. Click through this collection for a behind-the-scenes glimpse at the game development process.
- The early years...
- Pictures of Oakhurst, California: Home of Sierra Publishing (two photographs), Roberta Williams (a photograph), Mystery House (cover art), The Wizard and the Princess (cover art). Assorted cover art and screen shots from King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (remake), King's Quest II: Romancing the stones, King's Quest III: To Heir is Human, and King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella.
- King's Quest V:Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
- Cover art, concept art, paintings, and screen shots.
- King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
- Cover art, photo of Jane Jensen, concept art, paintings, and screen shots.
- Excerpts from the Game Design Document for "King's Quest VI" by Roberta Williams and Jane Jensen
- Game Bible - Easiest Path Outline
- Global Views/Actions
- Documentation Conventions
- Recommended reading aids
- I: Opening Sequence
- II: Act I
- The future of King's Quest...
- Assorted material relating to King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride. It includes the cover art, a photo of co-designer Lorelei Shannon, concept art, paintings, photos of the artists, musicians, programmers, quality assurance and production.
- The End (screen)