King's Quest Chapter V: The Good Knight is the fifth and final episode of King's Quest: Adventures of Graham.
The Good Knight looks back on King Graham, now an old man even in flashbacks, preparing to go on one last adventure for the kingdom he loves. But as his health deteriorates, can Graham’s memories still be trusted?
King Graham near the end of his days, goes on one last journey to save his beloved Daventry against a threat born from his very first days in the kingdom. He tells of his final battle with the Goblin Sorcerer Manannan and his final adventure.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Their is an 8-bit sequence based on the early AGI King's Quest games. One interesting thing of note is that the castle scrolls down from two screens high. AGI was not capable of actual scrolling in the original games. Scrolling backgrounds was added in later SCI games.
- The trip to Land of the Dead (KQGS) and visiting the ghosts of old friends there is based on artstyle of KQ5 and KQ6, SCI VGA.
- The game circles back to the first chapter in many ways, and returns to the influence from Dread Pirate Roberts/Vizzini competition now more of a puzzle tournament, and final challenge whose stakes are the fate of kingdom of Daventry (with a corrosive poison that could erase everything).
- There are some references to KQ5 and KQ6 events reimagined in certain details.
- Classic King's Quest gaming nostalgia is also a major influence. As well as the challenges of game development in general.