While Prince Alexander is staying in the Elven Village, the castle of Daventry is attacked by the soldiers of the Relentless Army and his parents have been kidnapped. This is the start of another long and epic adventure! King's Quest ZZT 2 provides ZZT style action and adventure. It has ascii graphics and pc-speaker music. The game is 3 ZZT files long.
Adventure/RPG is the best word to the describe the game, since it contains both elements from adventures (searching for items, etc...) and RPGs (the creatures/races which are used, RPG battles, etc...).
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the last scene of part 1, there is a choice to stay hidden (by heading right) or look into the boat (by heading north). By staying hidden the game ends, and you are given the passcode to part 2.
- By choosing to explore the ship you can alter the ship's route to Tamir. While there you can help out the unicorn (unofficial), find Manannan (unofficial), and defeat an evil giant (unofficial). After killing the giant, the Giant's Wife picks you up and sends you crashing through the wall, over the sea and landing on a relentless army ship bound for Llewdor. The game ends and you receive the code to part 2. The giants appear to be the ogres from KQ4.
- It is possible to get a score of 372 in part 1 (if you follow the extended path at the end).
- It is possible to a score of 411 in part 2.
- It is possible to get a score of 330 in part 3.
- The score resets to 0 at the beginning of each part.
- To access part two, use code MRNVBD.
- DROUJD is the code given to access part 3. Although it is not actually required.
- Ansil reprises his role from KQZZT (1997) and Quest For Glory ZZT (1998).