The Land of the Green Isles, originally from KQ6 appears in The Silver Lining.
Isle of the Sacred/Isle of the Sacred MountainEdit
Located near Thorn Bay, on the northside of the island, is the former location of the Cliffs of Logic. What was a nearly insuperable set of puzzles known as the Cliffs of Logic, has now been replaced with a grand staircase winding its way up the mountain side leading to the city of the Winged Ones. A Nightshade flower grows near the base of the steps.
Isle of the CrownEditDawn Inlet, Pearl Point, and Churn Bay.
Isle of the BeastEdit
Isle of Mists/Isle of Mist/Isle of the MistsEdit
New location includes Cape Fog.
The stone circle on the Isle of Mists existed long before the Druids came to the island.
Isle of Wonders/Isle of WonderEdit
The Isle of Wonders is a whimsical island.
New location includes Shell Beach. Shell Beach is the location of oyster beds. However its on the wrong side of the island from area known as 'The Beach' seen in KQ6 (south side of the island).
Seanymph Rock is a small rocky island southeast of the Isle of the Crown.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Land of the Green Isles seen in the navigation chart, and the island flyover, does not particularly conform to the geography (I.E. mountain ranges) of the islands seen on the magic map in King's Quest 6.
- For whatever reason the designers put Thorn Bay, the beach, which is supposed to be the former location of the Cliffs of Logic on the north side of the island. In KQ6 Cliffs of Logic was on the southside of the island.
- Likewise, the locations of the beaches on the Isle of Wonders, Isle of Mists, and Isle of the Beast, are not in the same locations as in KQ6. Shell Beach is on the northside of the island, rather than the south side. Cape Fog is on the east side rather than the south side. Windy Reef is on the west side rather than the southside.
- Graham is able to swim to a point along the edge of the Isalnd of the Sacred Mountain in deep water. This is a bit inconsistent with KQ6, in which Alexander would attempt to wade out into the water, and the currents and undertow would ferociously tug at his legs (once he reached the water up to his hips), and pull him out to sea, and then under.. In official lore it is impossible to swim in the waters surrounding the islands due to the eddies, whirlpools, and currents.
- In TSL, Edgar mentions that Alexander swims in the sea around the islands. The Four Winds also mentions Atticus the first Guard Dog of the castle also swimming in the bay where the Ferry was kept. These references are in contradiction to KQ6 which states that the waters are too treacherous to swim in due to the undertow and currents.
- The game also fails to give a good reason why the the Winged One race would build steps up to the top of their mountain. An issue of Four Winds tries to explain that they are trying to learn how to interact with people more, and decided to create the staircase to allow people up to their city. They decided to destroy the clifs because it was built for and related to an ancient prophecy to which Alexander solved, and was no longer relevant.
- In the KQ6 continuity it is said that they prize their privacy, and prefer to limit visitors (as stated in the Guidebook to the Land of the Green Isles). It is also said in the Guidebook, that the Winged Ones fiercly protective of any of the artifacts left behind by the Ancient Ones race, their creators, much as an archaeologist would be protective of a site of World Heritage. The Cliffs were one such artifact and were built to protect the Ancient Ones from intruders from the seas. The prophecy itself was actually from the Oracle of the Winged Ones, and wasn't ancient but given in recent times just after the minotaur moved into the catacombs and began to attack the Winged Ones city and demanding sacrifices. She made the prophecy just a few years before or after Guidebook was written, about a decade before KQ6. In the King's Quest Companion its stated that the cliffs are the single way up the mountain (besides being carried up), its suggested that the puzzles have reset, to slow down others from reaching the top.
- In KQ6 and official material its stated that the Green Isles are a tropical land that remain in spring all year long. In TSL, a book in the bookstore suggests that the Green Isles has all four seasons, Spring and Summer are mentioned as as covering six months of the year.
- ↑ Narrator (KQ6): "Alexander is standing on the small sandy cove of a rocky island. Around him, sheer granite cliffs block any further movement north, east, or west. To the south he is blocked by sea", "Alexander is standing on the small sandy cove of a rocky island. Around him, sheer granite cliffs blocky any further movement east or west. To the south, he is blocked by the sea...", "Alexander is standing at the top of the Cliffs of Logic on the Isle of the Sacred Mountain. To the north, the peak of Sacred Mountain, scarred with the opening to the Oracl's cave, rises to the clouds. To the left, the doors to the catacombs stand open.", "The imposing marble gate blocks the path north"
- ↑ http://www.tsl-game.com/fourwinds/?p=1190