The Obnoxious Gate Guard stood guard over the large and useless gate to Falderal. He issued ridiculous and impossible demands for the entrance into the city. However most don't take him seriously and enter via the side door.
He wanted the Holy One Ton Tomato of Antioch, an artifact that doesn't exist. He asks Rosella to find the Levitating Albino Warthog of Rigatonia and the Flying Ferrets of Mestellidon.
The badger guard also warns about several non-existent traps and creatures that he claims guard the gates, these are also nonsensical and do not exist.
Requests and WarningsEdit
- Bring the Levitating Albino Warthog of Rigatonia.
- Bring the Flying Ferret of Mestellidon.
- Bring the Holy One-Ton Tomato of Antioch.
- bring a golden-haired fruit snake.
- bring a half-melted head of iceberg lettuce.
- A pit of salivating snakes on the other side.
- The Colossal Chicken of Cluckerville. A giant rabid chicken on the other side.
- Six hundred weasels with crossbows on the other side.
- A vicious, attack trained guinea pig.
- Two guinea pigs with a really big stick.
- A crazed warthog.
- A berserk possum.
- An enormous, drooling purple cockroach.
- A gigantic carniverous cactus.
- A horde of foaming field mice.
Behind the scenesEdit
While the items he wants Rosella to find are nonsense, its unknown if the countries he refers to are real or not. Of the three Antioch is a real place, and would likely exist in the King's Quest Universe on ancient Earth, as it was a city in Assyria. Rigatonia is a pun on "Rigatoni" a type of pasta.
He references many nonsensical animals, claiming they guard the gates to Falderal. These creatures although some are references to real-world animals do not or may not exist within the world of Eldritch.