He spoke of a friend of his;
- He jests at scars, but never felt a wound.
He said of Juliet;
- But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
- It is east, and Juliet is the sun!
- See! How she leans her cheek upon her hand:
- O! that I were a glove upon that hand,
- That I might touch that cheek.
Juliet wondered where Romeo was, and hoped he would deny his father and refuse his name, if not she would give up her own name;
- O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art though Romeo?
- Deny thy father, and refuse thy name;
- Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
- And I'll no longer be a Capulet.