Re: Adminship Edit
Thank you for the suggestion. I'd be willing to take on the position if the URL spam ever gets under control. --Akril 22:28, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
Hello. I've got a current copy of daventry but I need to wait until E1ven is back online and can reopen the original wiki so I can get the page history for that one, plus the other missing ones. Don't worry though - none of the content has been lost and will be imported here as soon as possible, along with all the images. Angela (talk) 08:11, 10 January 2008 (UTC)
- Ahh good. In anycase if some of them were broken completely we might might be able to piece some of it together with wayback machine.Baggins
- Awesome.Baggins 01:08, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry that the image import is taking so long. This user you pointed out what actually removing some of that gibberish, not adding it, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. Angela (talk) 09:37, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
Oops. Well at least you caught my mistake. Apologies. ...and again thanks for the help.Baggins 10:19, 11 January 2008 (UTC)
Gaming IRC Chat Edit
Hi there! Just want to let you know that there is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming, where people can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. You can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming . Different people may be on sporadically, but I'm organizing weekly chats at a fixed time so we can get the most number of people online at the same time to ask/answer questions, or just to hang out. The admins of some of Wikia's biggest gaming wikis (WoW, Halo) often attend them. You can find the time for the next chat by following this link.
If you happen to be technologically-adventurous, I can also help you with handy tools that can enrich the formatting and organization of the wiki such as templates, parser functions, and various MediaWiki extensions.
It's not easy to know which are missing, since they can't be previewed on one page like the images, but I believe that no ogg files should be missing. Image:Graham.ogg is there and working. Angela (talk) 01:27, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks, then that's probably everything as far as pictures/sounds.Baggins 01:50, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
I've done some changes to the sidebar used by the Monaco skin. Feel free to tweak it better to the needs of the wiki. Let me know if you have any questions! -User:PanSola(talk/history) 02:37, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, I don't know much about wiki coding myself (I just have a limited knowledge of common wiki commands). I appreciate your help on that end, and respect your judgement on improvements to the interface.Baggins 21:08, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Re: fact Edit
When you put a template in an article first, then edit the template to add a category, it takes time for the server to process the article and properly register it in the category. If you do not want to wait, you can perform a "null edit" (hit "edit", then immediately save without changing anything) to for any particular article to update. The MediaWiki software does this for performance reasons. -User:PanSola(talk/history) 05:28, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
I was trying to log in to fix a page, but I couldn't remember my password. I tried clicking "email password", but it says that there is no email recorded for my account. Could you please email me a password to get into my account? Elessar 184.108.40.206 14:46, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
I don't believe I have access to those types of commands. I can only delete/lock pages, block users etc. I don't think I have commands to send out passwords. You might need to contact E1ven.Baggins 19:59, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
Re: KQ7 Messages Folder Edit
I looked up the spelling of the names on the gravestones and the mud-bathing trolls in KQ7. Here are the various gravestone names:
Fats Woad (oddly, there are two versions of his epitaph, and one has his first name in quotes, while the other doesn't)
Marjorie (not the same Marjorie as Ms. Pratt, above)
Arch Duke von Drake
Dame Celia Natz
Brother Bob Tweet
The trolls' names are Hogarth, Blotar, Winnie and Egglentine.
By the way: There are subtitles from the game's intro in the messages folder too, and they spell the prince's name "Throckmorton", not "Throgmorton".
Akril 04:50, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
You're welcome. I don't remember mentioning that Throckmorton is ever spelled without an "r", though. If it is, it has to be a spelling mistake.
Akril 17:33, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Hmm...I don't know why the messages folder isn't showing up for you. I also don't know if SCI Viewer has problems running in Vista either (I'm running it in Windows XP).
Akril 02:08, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi again Edit
Hi Baggins, I saw your welcome message. I expect you remember me, although for some time I used the nick "Connor" :) Nice to see that KQ entered wikia and to see you again MoffRebus 19:31, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hi, and welcome back to the KQ omnipedia.Baggins 05:00, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
I visit the Omnipedia occasionnally, and noticed one day a particular listing under Fanfiction. The listing is Revenge of the Black Cloak Society. I'm the writer of it, and if you wish to create an entry for it on the Omnipedia, I would be honored to help provide all info. Please contract me on yahoo, my id is richskitzcale, or on AOLIM at RichGenX
220.127.116.11 02:02, March 11, 2010 (UTC) Richard
Revenge of the Black Cloak Society fic Edit
I noticed you had responded to me via the talk on here, and since I'm not a registered user yet, I would appreciate the chance to talk with you, or even have e-mail correspondance regarding this. As I stated before, my yahoo id is richskitzcale, and my AOLIM is RichGenX. My e-mail is currently firstname.lastname@example.org. I feel that some of this info might be a bit much to post on your talk like this
18.104.22.168 03:55, March 11, 2010 (UTC)Richard
You are welcome to create a page if you like. Due to fairly busy life, I won't be able to help you create one any time soon. Please register if you like.Baggins 15:28, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
I thought I'd let you know that the next chapter of Revenge of the Black Cloak Society will be posted before the end of August. I was also trying to think of how to get all the info regarding all the characters together for wikia articles. I still plan to help on this, and also adding more articles to the Shivers wikia. Hope you like how the Main Entry Hall article looks.
Cale Silver 23:49, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
I saw the modifications you made, as well as additions. I'm honored that you saw to give it a catagory on the wikia. I will try to do more with the King's Quest Omnipedia, as I am working on stories and the Shivers Omnipedia as well. So much to do, so little time.
Cale Silver 19:14, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
It's only fair that you have your own category, as there is a similar category for Cray's KQ Companion which itself is going to be a potentially large bit of fan fiction, when he finishes it.Baggins 21:21, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for catching that mistype on the David (unoffical) page. I didn't catch it at first. I'll try to check out the chapter pages soon, since I'm planning out the next section.
Cale Silver 03:28, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Any help is good. Edit
Thanks for the greeting, Baggins. I had left you a message before about my fic, Revenge of the Black Cloak Society. I'm still very new to making wikia entries, so any help is appreciated.
Cale Silver 02:29, March 14, 2010 (UTC)Cale Silver
Well, first thing, you are welcome to host the entire fic on this wiki if you like. If you think it would work best you are welcome to split it up chapter by chapter, with some kind of main page linking to each chapter. You could put a short synopses of the entire story on the main topic page, as well. Don't worry about formatting so much, someone else can come in and help you with that. I could probably help you fix them as time permits.Baggins 08:57, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
Posting, and how you would recommend I add info regarding my story Edit
Hey, you had mentioned about putting my King's Quest fic on the Omnipedia. One, how would one go about doing that? Two, how would you recommend adding info linked to the story to all the various characters it relates to. Would you recommend a seperate section, or add it into info already there?
Cale Silver 01:43, April 11, 2010 (UTC) Cale Silver
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
- Sorry I can't afford it :).Baggins 17:41, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
About unregistered user Edit
The unregistered user that had modified Shadrack(unoffical) had been me. I had made the modification initially thinking I was logged in. Sorry about any confusion I had caused.
Cale Silver 00:02, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it, there is no problem.Baggins 09:17, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Where are you?Edit
Hi, I hope you have seen my contributions in the Sierra and Conquests wiki. I'd like some help or feedback from you. Nothing in particular, just not being alone there. :) MoffRebusMy Talk 18:58, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
K, ya, I noticed your work in Sierra wiki, thanks :). I'll check out conquests.Baggins 07:43, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
King's Quest IX Edit
Baggins: "... any remakes lack a high level of creativity since they are derivitive works. Of course its not to the level of lack of creativity as this guys game..."
- What's your problem, Baggins? KQIX-Team 18:06, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Alright don't take this wrong. Basically my perspective I'm not particuarly a huge supporter of the concept of fan games. I prefer official material. While I do enjoy fan remakes, I do not like them as well as the originals. So this perspective I consider original TSL game and your remake essentially equal, LOL. Not the equivalent of the official material.
Secondly, its hard to judge your game from just the demo, it will be nice to see your interpretation of the "original" screens in KQ9. Like the bedroom, or courtyard, or that extra screen in the town. So far we only can judge by a few castle screens slightly modified from KQ6.Baggins 18:22, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
Fixed some damage caused by an unregistered user. Edit
Hey, just letting you know I undid the damage some unregistered user did to the Chess Board Land article.
Cale Silver 04:45, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
Daventry Map Edit
I have no idea how good your drawing skills are, or of those who know you, but I was thinking that it might be cool to have a composite map of Daventry (the Kingdom) which would be based on all 8 games and the novels. It's obvious that Daventry grew from the time of KQ1, it'd be cool to see the land mapped out totally based on how the novels and games portray it. It would be unofficial of course, but would at least consolidate the knowledge gotten from the available sources.
- I'm not an artist I did attempt such a map once in paint though, to show how things might have changed between KQ6 and KQ8. I think its in the talk page for Daventry now. It's wrong though, since I placed Castle Daventry down twice thinking there were two castles. I learned later there was only one,and it actually remained in its original place apparently (although mountain grew under it). Actually best I've been able to tell, the kingdom has grown and shrunk several times over the years. The daventry of KQ3 for example is smaller than daventry of KQ1. Its also nearly impossible to map out things due to the fact that some of the reoccuring landmarks in daventry actually shift around, sometimes north of the castle, sometimes south, etc (check out Lake Maylie, or Door into Mountain for examples). As Derek says, the world is always changing.Baggins 01:59, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
Can you find an image of the poem on the inside of the enchanter's wall?
In row of stones that number six Half and a pair from left do pick Quell then my spell Avoid the tricks-unsigned
- Hmm I should have a save game near, there I'll check later.Baggins 03:07, November 12, 2010 (UTC)
Images and Items Edit
Hello, Mr. Baggins!
I was thinking that we should concentrate on creaating images for the items in the inventories. Can you handle it?
I've been looking over some of the pages in the KQ Omni, and a couple of items in the Trivia section of Alexander's page caught my attention.
"Alexander made a trip to back to the Western Sea several months after KQ3, in order to destroy the Pirates that had enslaved him using a great storm spell on them."
Is this information from an early version of the KQ Companion? It's not cited, but I suspect it might have come from the KQ Companion (I just have the fourth edition, which, as I'm finding out, lacks a number of details that earlier versions had).
"There was apparently communication between Alexander and Cassima between the time they met in Mordack's Island and seeing each other in the magic mirror, but how, or where or when is unknown. Nothing is at it appears, and little is known. During these brief communications Alexander was given further explanation as to how she lost her Locket, she told him about Dink, and more about the Blue Beast."
There is a citation note in this paragraph, but it just leads to Cassima's page. Where did this information come from? I suppose it may have come from an early edition of the KQC as well, but it seems almost like something I'd expect to read in a piece of fan fiction (especially the "Cassima explaining the various small mysteries of KQ5" part).
Akril 09:43, November 27, 2010 (UTC)Akril
- Akril, yes it's all mentioned in the An Encyclopedia of Daventry in the second Edition. The communication bit is rumored within Cassima's entry. Then there are several articles in which Cassima has given expanded explanations of her time on Mordack's Island. A couple of the specific articles mention they were explainations given to Alexander. several of these articles include info about dink, Sam, the henchman, and the Roc. If you would like to know more check out those articles. There should be citations on most of those pages. As for Alexander and the pirates, read pirates.Baggins 16:07, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Ah, I see now. Most of the pages in the Omni are missing the Reference sections, so the cite numbers in those articles don't have any corresponding footnotes. I'm still not quite used to this new Wiki. I added Reference sections to the Blue Beast, Locket and Snow Leopard pages, and I'll try to add them to other pages when I have time. (the Snow Leopard page also puzzled me, as I was wondering where in the world that statement about Genesta's snow leopard possibly being her husband came from. The footnote cleared that up for me, however.)
Akril 00:42, November 28, 2010 (UTC)Akril
- you're welcome, and thank you for the assistance.Baggins 01:02, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Do you know if any Octopi were mentioned in the King's Quest games?
ZanyDragon 12:39, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
- NO, I don't think so. Also don't go about creating random creatures pages, unless you offer citations of where you got the info from, and add all the releveant info related to the subject from the game. If I see an animal with no citations I may erase the article, as spam.Baggins 19:26, December 9, 2010 (UTC)
Hey Baggins. My name is Doug and I work for wikia in Community Development Team. I'd like to say that this wiki is very impressive! Very expansive, and I'd really like to help you guys out by 'beautifying' it. I wanted to run a few things by you to see if they were cool. I'd love to:
- Create a custom skin for the wiki
- Create a wordmark
- Update the Nav bar from the older to the newer version
I'd also like to let you know that ads will be turned onto this wiki soon. With the way that the front page is organized, their introduction might throw the look off. I am willing to also allign everything in a way so that when they are introduced, the front page style is still cohesive. I can do this for you guys, or if you'd like for someone else to see to it, it might not be bad idea.
Thanks for you time, please let me know if it's alright for me to approach these changes.
- Sure, you are welcome to clean it up if you like! What is this ads thing? Is it ads for everyone logged in and logged out?Baggins (talk) 19:27, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
- This is simply just a small boxed ad that will display on the upper right side of the main page. This ad will appear for all users, whether they are logged in or not. That is the only ad addition. I'll be making theme/wordmark/front page changes today! Feel free to give me any feedback if you wish!. Thanks Baggins
- Doug (profile)•(talk)•(email) 20:06, August 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Doug, I'd prefer the background art not be taken from a fan game but one of the official games. (infact the policy is that the main article pages only use canon material), I'd say King's Quest V, or even King's Quest 6. Actually the stonework with the vines from the title screens of those games might work well.Baggins (talk) 06:36, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
Please use the edges of this;
- Much appreciated! Thanks!Baggins (talk) 07:11, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I fixed but in the future, just do a #REDIRECT command, and the name of the article you want to redirect to. For example "#redirect oak trees" will redirect to the "oak tree" article.Baggins (talk) 16:32, January 19, 2013 (UTC)